0

Erie Times-News Ink

Posted by Unknown on 2:10 PM
A shout out to Sean McCracken, Erie Times-News reporter, for a great article (I may be biased) on the three Erie-ites chosen for the Google Glass Explorer Project. Also shout out to Deb Morton, Mercyhurst University media relations extraordinaire, who made it all happen.

Erie Popular Test MarketI found it remarkable that of the 8,000 people in the world chosen for the project three were from Erie. I guess one reason may be that, as you may or may not know, Erie, Pa., is a popular test market (see the list on the right). Or, on the other hand, maybe Erie-ites are just that technologically savvy.

While I still wait, impatiently I must admit, for Google to message us about the Project's status, I came across this SXSW Demo by Google Senior Developer Advocate for Project Glass Timothy Jordan, which I think is a more in-depth explanation than my previous posts.

Here's the 50-minute version:


 And, here's the version for those of us with short attention spans ;)


Of course I promise my blog followers will be the first to know when I get the Google notification. Let's just hope it's soon; my students are leaving in just a few weeks, and I would love to get some in-classroom applications in before the summer hiatus.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Glass in Class All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.